Ben had an entire week off at the end of June and so we decided to go to the Beach. In my opinion you must see the beach at least once a year to feel fully relaxed. So we headed to Hilton Head Island, SC. It was such a fun trip. Sophie was so excited about the Beach and everyday all she wanted to do was to dig a hole......we don't know where this came from but she was loving the fact that Ben would spend hours digging a real big hole for her. She was super scared of the Ocean and didn't like it when we got even near it. Hopefully that will change soon! We just relaxed and played in the sun. My kind of trip (especially being 34 weeks pregnant).



After South Carolina we headed to Savannah, GA. I loved this charming place but couldn't take the heat....it was so hot!! We walked around the city, learned about history of the town, ate lunch and tried to stay cool.

Ben ordered a typical southern meal.... Fried shrimp, sweet potatoe fries, potatoe salad, fried green tomatoes and something else deep fried came with it but we never figured out what it was. I ordered a turkey wrap and it even came out deep fried. I don't know how people eat like this. It was pretty funny!

This town was filled with rows of trees like this and park benchs everywhere. It was really charming.

Our last stop was in Chattanooga. Although it is only 2 hours away from Nashville we had never been. We loved this city. It was a total outdoors town with lots of fun things to do and it is BEAUTIFUL! We took Sophie to the aqurium (she was dying to see Nemo) but ended up like the snakes the best.

A little overwhelmed by all the jelly fish

All and all it was a really fun vacation and most of all it was so fun to finally be all together after 3 long months.
8 comments:
Your trip looks like you had so much fun! I'm jealous, and wishing I would have stayed to join! But we both know Courtland would have killed me! haha
Look at the pregger belly. So cute Kendra!
I am so jealous! we really want to hit those places before we leave TN! you look darling, I love that belly!!!! I love that pict of Soph at the beach too, she is darling! I bet you are getting soo excited! I need to see you soon!
I love that you guys are always doing all these fab things! looks like a blast!!
What a fun road trip, you saw lots of places. I am glad you Rabe's are back together after so long, that is so nuts! I like Sophie's little bikini, what a babe!
You are SO, SO cute Kenj. And Sophie is so big. What a doll. Can't wait to see the new baby. Hope you're feeling good.
Fun vacation!! Those jellies are a little intimidating. I LOVE rows of trees like that along streets. That beach looks so nice and relaxing! You look fantastic Kenj!! I would so love to be there with the arrival of little Baby Rabe. :)
Sounds like SO much fun! I can't think of any other vacation I wish I could've tagged along on more.. I'm so glad you guys got to go :)
Post a Comment