
We went to the 7th President of the United States home on Saturday. Anyone?? Mr. Andrew Jackson aka Old Hickory (not to get confused with Alan Jackson) Ben has seemed to get the two of them mixed up lately. His home is just east of Nashville and thought it was time to go check it out. It was pretty interesting. He owned 425 acres and purchased it for only $3400. It was beautiful land and he seemed to have a nice lifesytle with 151 slaves. It was a beautiful day and is already getting really warm here. Can't wait for summer!!
5 comments:
It looks like Andrew snagged himself a fine piece of land. I admire you for taking in some history. I'm curious about this "hickory" nickname. Perhaps I will google it. Have a great week!
How scholarly of you. And Ben even wore his glasses to look even wiser. I actually didn't read all of your post...that is how much I am interested in Andrew Jackson, but I am glad you are learning. And I LOVE to see pictures of you cute people. What a beautiful green state you live. I should come reside there. I love your hair curly as well friend.
Okay, so I read the post now. And very fascinating. 151 slaves..what?? Is that normal. I do know that Andrew had some sort of duel with Alexander Burr. All the things we can learn from blogging. You can take me there when I visit.
I love that you guys go on these weekend rendevous--very fun...A.J. was naughty having all those slaves! shame on him..
That's a lot of room to run and play around! Love the white pillars. Soph is getting SO big!
Post a Comment