Tuesday, March 23, 2010

high maintenance

Yes, this is my sweet 8 month baby. I adore so many things about him. However he is also referred to as "the high maintenance baby" at the gym I go to. Here's why- he prefers to be held all day, and when he isn't being held all attention needs to be directed at him. Graham has caused my left arm to get significantly stronger than my right. I have been amazed at all the things I can do with one hand; ie: cook an entire meal, take Sophie to the bathroom, do laundry, type on the computer and many more things. I do love all 20 pounds of him. I mean look at that face... how can you not hold him. I just hope he doesn't expect to be held into his college years.

9 comments:

Eichmeiers said...

Well im glad your arm is getting stronger!! Remember when we would have all our arm wrestling and chicken fights in St. George?? We do need to try it again now that your stronger:) It is amazing how much can get done with one arm! The joys of being a mother:)

meg said...

oh kendra, i DO want to hold him! I love those eyes and that darling smile! So hard not to spoil them, right? It is surprising what you learn to do while holding.... or nursing a baby :) LOVE IT!

Jill said...

20 pounds!!!! luke only weighs 19lb and he is 15 months old. what are your secrets to getting a kid fat? graham may be high maintenance but he is sooooo cute! at least you know he won't go with a stranger. luke will go to anyone and doesn't look back. it is starting to have us a little worried. i bet luke and graham are going to get in to alot of trouble together when they are older. love graham's eyes!! he is a stud.

The Steel's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Steel's said...

Oh no! high maintenance is never good! Good thing he couldn't get much cuter, what a handsome boy! And Ben is looking very handsome and mature in his glasses too! I want to hold the sweet boy right now, can you fly home today? I am sure you are going to have some wicked biceps next time I see you! Lucky!

Sharstin said...

ha:) he is a little cutie--who loves his mama! and who doesn't really!

The Steel's said...

Crap, I am struggling - that was me deleting above! Clarification: I want to hold Graham not Ben! Just thought I should make that clear!

Niki said...

Oh Kenj, he is so dang cute I don't know how you could put him down! I wish we were closer, I would come and hold him :)

Alisa and Crowells said...

Graham is getting SO BIG! It's funny he weighs the same as Elsie. You are one talented woman, Kenj! I don't feel like I could do all that with one hand!