Friday, October 17, 2008

B O S T O N

Ben had some time off school so we decided to head up to Boston and visit my brother and sister-in-law. If you know Corey or Alisa you know they are the perfect tour guides and that they were. I can't believe how much we saw! They truly showed us such a good time. We mostly loved just being with them, Sophie loved seeing them and even started to call Alisa Mommy! We flew into New Hampshire so we could go to Sharon Vermont and see the birthplace of Joseph Smith. It was breath taking!! The leaves were so beautiful. We then went to Boston and visited Lexington and Concord saw all the history sites, walked the freedom trail, ate yummy pizza in the Italian district, had a picnic at Walden Pond, took Sophie to the Boston Children's Musem, had so much fun having dinner with our good friend's the Stucki's, went to a Red Sox play-off game, had Burdick's rich hot chocolate, picked apples and had donuts and cider at Honey-Pot Hill Orchard, walked around Harvard Campus (Ben even got to attend one of my brother's classes), ate a traditional Boston dinner (Lobstah), went to Newport, RI and visited the unbelievable mansion's up against the ocean and running along the Charles river with my brother in the morning (it was so pretty and so much fun to run with him in the city). All and all we had an amazing trip..thanks to Corey & Alisa. We love you guys so much and can't thank you enough!! We now love BOSTON!



The leaves were so pretty Soph liked eating them...Yum!

It was so cute to watch Sophie pick apples.. she loved it! She would giggle every time she got one.

13 comments:

Niki said...

How fun!! I LOVE Boston in the fall, there is no where that is as beautiful. And I love your pictures!I!

Sharstin said...

looks like so much fun! I can't wait to go :) You did so many fun things--it looks like a blast--I have that damask jacket as well--gotta love Targe :)

The Steel's said...

I think I would really like Boston, next time I would love to join you. It is gorgeous! All the colors are fabulous! I am glad you got to have such a fun vacation while Ben had some time off, much deserved for you guys. I love your scarf too! And I love sophie's pink shoes and I love ben's pants..I just love you all! Alisa's belly is so cute, how exciting to have a cousin on the crowell side. Fun you got to go for a run with Corey - how do you keep up with those long legs of his? Thanks for Zac-ey's number. I actually called his madre but it didn't work out that we could see the man. Maybe next time you visit utah we can see him. How did you score tickets to the red sox too? they're going to the world series I hear.

The Steel's said...

my post is kinda ridiculous, it is late and vi is tired.

Alisa and Crowells said...

"Yay" as Sophie would say! We had SO much fun with you guys here! I miss Sophie pointing to my belly saying, "baby" and then trying to figure out where the baby actually is. :) Our apartment is kind of lonely and it was so wierd to get into an empty the car after dropping you off at the airport. I ate the rest of Sophie's mac'n-cheese, I hope she doesn't mind. :)
We are so glad you chose to come visit us! We had a blast!

Jill said...

you guys are such travelers. i have always wanted to go to boston. it looked beautiful in the pictures. i love the new title picture. so pretty. you have a very attractive family. i can't believe how long sophie's hair is! she is too young to have that kind of hair. amazing! i'm glad you had fun. it is always nice to be with family.

The Flitton's said...

Those pictures are beautiful! It looks like you guys had a great time. I'm glad Ben got a break. Just think you guys will be done with school before you know it.

Jena Hendry said...

Oh, how fun! I love your family photo. So beautiful!

Staci... said...

I love the pictures!! So fun! I have always wanted to go to Boston. Cutest picture for you header!!

The Stucki's said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! We were so happy to see you! And your brother & his wife are so sweet. Sophie is a doll,so fun to actally see her in person. Thanks for the fun night you guys!

Robin said...

What a perfect time to visit. I wish fall lasted longer. It looks like you had the ultimate experience. I'm glad you got to go to a game and eat lobstah. BTW-I like your new blog header.

Amy said...

We were just in Boston the weekend before! How funny is that. It is only a 3 hour drive from where we live. I too fell in love with Boston. It is a really fun place. Most of all I just love hearing the people talk with their accents. Has your brother got one now?

Lindsey Rose said...

Boston is one of my favorite places! So cute! I think we hit a lot of the same spots while we were there, even the hot chocolate place!