Monday, September 1, 2008

Offically.... the END of Summer

We are so sad because summer has offically ended for us. Sophie and I were lucky enough to spend most of August back in Utah. Ben came for about a week and we loved every second of it. We had so much fun seeing friends and family, but decided no matter how long we got out for it never seems like enough time.

(Beware!! This is a super long post it could get a little boring for some. I seriously think it might be a record for the longest post.)

Sadly enough we spent the second day in UT in the ER for Sophie, she had a seizure and was rushed to the hospital. It was so sad not to have Ben with us during this scare but we just so happy she is okay and doing great!

We had fun taking the frontrunner down to Gateway with my family. My brother Corey and his sweet wife Alisa were in town from Boston as well so we loved all being together. Sophie loved getting lots of attention from everyone! The only thing we weren't to into was the doors, I swear I kept getting dead stuck in them. Thankfuly my family was there to pry me out!
Me and my sweet friend Ash went down to Alpine and stayed with our dear friend Megan. We had such a fun girls weekend of eating shopping and just hanging out together. Me and Ash ran the Provo River 1/2 Marathon. It was so much fun! It went by super fast just talking! Thanks Ash for the fun run, Thanks Meg for the wonderful hospitality and for the extra surprise back at your place for us (you know what I mean).
Sophie was just as happy to see her sweet little friends. She hung-out with her little friend Millie and Jane. It was so fun to watch her interact with them.
When Ben was in town he had a very busy week. We had a family reunion, a friend get-together, a trip to Lake Powell with the Rabe's and a trip to Park City with my family. It was busy but so fun that we could have some vacations with-in our vacation.


We had such a good time getting together with all Ben's friends. We went up to the Austin Ranch and the boys road around on the horses (Ben's favorite thing) and the girls just sat a talked, it was so much fun catching up with all of them. We love you guys!!!



LAKE POWELL......
We loved being down at Lake Powell with the Rabe's and Malan's. It was such a fun vacation. It was sad to leave Sophie behind but my mom kept her entertained the entire time we were gone.


My favorite little friend Erin...We are sporting the same Lake Powell skirt.


This was something us girls were highly critized for on the trip. Reading our twilight books. We think the men are just jealous of EdVard.. Ben showing off for the camera.

We all enjoyed some fabulous treats by the fire thanks to Courtland and Nicole. Plus it was so fun to just relax by the fire at night.




Soph loved being with her G & G Rabe. She had so much fun playing with all the toys, dancing, feeding the dog and showing off for them.



Just before Jake and Jill headed back to Wisconsin we got the babies together at this splash pad/ park . Nolan was very interested in the water and Sophie was only interested in kissing Nolan. It was pretty cute to watch the two little cousins play.

13 comments:

Jill said...

yeah, i'm first to comment. we have been eagerly waiting for this post. i love the pictures you took. we just think sophie is the prettiest little girl around. i'm so glad we were able to spend so much time with you guys. we are seriously contemplating coming down for thanksgiving. jake has five days off. we'll see how much you can bribe us. we love you guys and can't wait till next time. it is always a good time. give sophie a kiss from nolan.

Mom+Girls said...

I love all the pictures, Sohpie is growing fast, she is a cutie!!!I wished we were in Utah at the same time so Nya could play with Sophie...May be next time!!Thank you for sharing the cool, fun pics with us!

Sharstin said...

It was so so great seeing you and little sophie! I miss you both!!--and Ben of course :) I am so glad you guys had so much fun--how could you not with all your fun festivities!! Luv ya!

Meg said...

Kendra-
I was so glad I got to see you while you were here. Good luck with everything back in TN, and we will see you in Dec (?, right). Great post. I loved the pics and the UT recap.
Take care-
meg

The Steel's said...

It was so great to have the Rabe's back in our state! Love you all! Whoa, what a visit! I still get so sad when I think of sweet little Sophie, but luckily she has a fabulous mama to take care of her. And great running friend, let's do it again sometime. Loved every step of the race with you! Such cute pictures, I am glad you all had such a memorable trip. Wait a sec, are you done with B.D.? We need to talk ASAP! I want to hear especially what you thought of chapters six an seven!

Robin said...

What! I had no idea you had to take sweet little Sophie to the ER. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I am glad that she is better. Loved all of the pictures. I'm glad we could get together even if it was for a short time. Have a great week in TN. Talk to ya soon.

Lindsey Rose said...

Kenj! I was glad I got to see you for a sec in Utah! And it looks like you guys had a super great trip. When are you planning a trip to Knoxville? Can't wait to see you!

The Stucki's said...

What a fun summer! It's hard to see it end isn't it?!! Hope little Sophie is doing o.k. She is a sweet little girl. And um...nice that you just throw a 1/2marathon in the mix, that's a big deal! Good work Kendra. Hopefully school is going well for you guys. Hope to see you in a couple of months!

Brynn said...

Kenj,
Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy visit to go to lunch. I loved seeing you and meeting little Sophie! Let's do it again, preferably in the next five years!
Lots of love,
Brynn

Amy said...

What a fun way to end your summer with the exception of Sophie's ER visit. I love going to Utah, Lake Powell and visiting with friends and family. And dang girl - running a marathon on vacation. That is pretty noteworthy if you ask me. I'm glad that you were able to do that. BTW - red is a good color on you! I hope that you are enjoying your time back in TN with your hubby and that no more seizures occur.

Jena Hendry said...

Oh my goodness. What happened to little Sophie? Is she okay? I am so worried. Does that happen very often? We had so much fun seeing you guys! Let us know when you are back in town!

The Flitton's said...

How is little Sophie? We hope everything is okay. It's so scary when your kids are sick. Congrats on the 1/2 marathon. That is very impressive. We're glad you had a great summer.

Niki said...

Kenj-it was so great to see you, now I can't wait until Christmas! Thanks for making some time for lunch, Tate I am pretty sure has a crush on Soph so watch out!